How it all began...

Dusty and I met just after his mission in 2003. We both had our seperate little plans for our lives and then it happened-we started living our own fairy tale. Our courtship seemed to be just that for me; it was something I had always dreamed about and it turned out to be even better than I had imagined. And then ten months later, it got even better as we became three. Rhiannon has been such a joy to us and each day she brings us even more laughter. It was only another two short years and our little buddy Cy came along. A few short years after that our baby Brittain became a part of our family. There never has been, and I am sure never will be, anything in life that brings me more joy than my children and my husband. I truly feel that I am living a fairy tale (well...most days!)

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Idea!!!

So I mentioned previously that we've had a lot of time here in the house this week. (Thus the reason for 3 postings just today.) I've been thinking, I really enjoy looking at people's blogs when they have posted craft ideas or whatever. It stimulates my craft inspiration, or lack thereof, so I thought I'd share some of my recent projects in hopes that people will be willing to share more of their ideas with all of us. I love seeing how other people decorate so if you are will, blog your craftines so I can check it out!

The shelf that you saw above was made all the way from scratch by me. (With a small amount of help from Dusty.) He was such a peach and for Christmas he got me a couple of different saws. (yah, yah, saws for ME huh? I think this was his favorite Christmas for shopping!) Anyway, I have a blast doing the wood craft thing and I'm learning a lot. Pictured above are some wooden blocks with paper modge-podged on them.
The other side of the shelf up close.
These are little metal rustic stars on twisted wire attached to wooden blocks. I don't know how cheesy this is so maybe I'll wait to see if any comments are posted before I bore everyone with other stuff. Like I said before, I hope that others share some of their fun stuff too. Let me know what you all think. I think I am done blogging for the day...the sounds of sad, ill children are beckoning me!

1 comment:

Cher said...

Megan-

So cute, there is a website www.etsy.com and I love to look at it to get ideas. You'll have to check it out;) I'm into mod podge lately, I'm not so hot at painting free hand and it just looks so much better. I'll post some more crafts that hope to be doing in the future, I just get pooped by the end of the day and just want to relax;) So fun to check up on you!