How it all began...

Dusty and I met just after his mission in 2003. We both had our seperate little plans for our lives and then it happened-we started living our own fairy tale. Our courtship seemed to be just that for me; it was something I had always dreamed about and it turned out to be even better than I had imagined. And then ten months later, it got even better as we became three. Rhiannon has been such a joy to us and each day she brings us even more laughter. It was only another two short years and our little buddy Cy came along. A few short years after that our baby Brittain became a part of our family. There never has been, and I am sure never will be, anything in life that brings me more joy than my children and my husband. I truly feel that I am living a fairy tale (well...most days!)

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Update...

Let's see, it's been over a week since I have last posted so I guess it I will just have to start from the beginning---


Dusty sprained his ankle terribly at last week's soccer game. He is embarrassed about how it happened for some silly reason so he hates when people ask about it. I hate that it puts him out of comission in the coaching world as the responsibility falls down hill to me. He does a much better job at taming the wild 3 year old soccer stars than I do, so I am hoping for an extra speedy recovery. Pretty nasty looking huh.


Next,


I was feeling a little drastic this week, and thus, Rhiannon got a haircut! A nine inch haircut to be precise. We were having a stressful hair morning so I threatened to just cut it. In rebuttle, Rhiannon just chimed, "Fine, cut it." Dusty happened to be home in the midst of all of this and he just encouraged us to get the issue resolved, and from his perspective, chopping made complete sense. In the heat of the moment I thought I might have regrets, but I have actually really enjoyed it. I think its adorable and she had gotten millions of compliments. It's much easier and takes a lot less time which is ideal for Rhiannon. So, there you have it, a hormonal day at the Reno household; well the beginning of the day anyway...








Then later on in the day---







The hormonal rage continued on. I chopped my hair off as well. I am having a lot of fun with it, and suprisingly enough, I don't miss it much either. So we are all through being drastic for a few weeks, I hope. Until next month I guess ;)


Also this week, we had planned on going to the circus for several days. We had gotten Rhiannon all hyped up and excited for the event so when we got to the doors with our "free coupons" and realized that tickets were nearly $30 PER PERSON, and there was more fine print on the ticket than the naked eye could see, it was more than devestating to try to explain to her that we didn't feel that we could justify an expenditure such as that on our college budget. We felt like terrible parents as we didn't follow through with what we had promised...life lesson, don't underestimate the cost of the circus just because it's in Pocatello, Idaho.


I am currently trying to finish a project that has been stretched out over the course of the week as well. I am stuck right now and maybe a few opinions would help me complete it. What do you all think?


Add star to top? leave plain but cut the dowel down? or add dowel cap to end? Dusty thinks a star would make it too much--what do you think?


Anyway, our week was topped off with a nice weekend-long celebration of Cy's birthday. I will post a slideshow of those festivities shortly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute hair on both of you! That's too bad about Dusty's ankle and about the circus being a ton of money. I was thinking we'd go to it too but something else came up. Crazy. Stars wouldn't look that bad at the top of the sign...but I can't tell very well I guess. It's super cute anyway!

Anonymous said...

First of all..OUCH! Oh my gosh that looks so incredibly painful. Hope it gets better soon Dustin!

Second...cute, cute hair! I had to tell you how I finally got my haircut since you last cut my hair (disgusting I know!) and it is awful! I had to go to 2 different people because the first person messed it up bigtime and the second person cut way too much off. You have been the only one who has ever cut my hair the way I like! Just one more reason to miss you guys! Oh well, I guess it'll grow back.

Third...I don't really know if you'll want my opinion on home decorating since I really struggle in that area but I think it's cute the way it is. Just cut the dowl and I think it will be just fine. That's my two cents...for what it's worth!

And one last thing...happy birthday Cy! It seems crazy that he's already 2! Time flies by sooo fast!

Hale Family said...

Happy Birthday Cy! I absolutely love the hair! Both of them! I showed the pictures to Em and she said "Rrerannon looks amazing" I am not sure where she learned the word amazing but it was cute nonetheless. Yours looks great as well. I sure wish that I could come and get mine cut. I keep thinking about making an appt. but I then talk myself out of it- hoping that I will be able to meet up with you sometime soon. I am sorry about Dusty's ankle. I guess he should know better than to try to keep up with 3 year olds, right? We miss you!

Oh, I think that a star on top would really look cute!