How it all began...

Dusty and I met just after his mission in 2003. We both had our seperate little plans for our lives and then it happened-we started living our own fairy tale. Our courtship seemed to be just that for me; it was something I had always dreamed about and it turned out to be even better than I had imagined. And then ten months later, it got even better as we became three. Rhiannon has been such a joy to us and each day she brings us even more laughter. It was only another two short years and our little buddy Cy came along. A few short years after that our baby Brittain became a part of our family. There never has been, and I am sure never will be, anything in life that brings me more joy than my children and my husband. I truly feel that I am living a fairy tale (well...most days!)

Thursday, April 24, 2008

More randomness from Megan...


“Under the plan of heaven, the husband and the wife walk side by side as companions, neither one ahead of the other, but a daughter of God and a son of God walking side by side. Let your families be families of love and peace and happiness. Gather your children around you and have your family home evenings, teach your children the ways of the Lord, read to them from the scriptures, and let them come to know the great truths of the eternal gospel as set forth in these words of the Almighty.”
( Ensign, Mar. 2001, 64.)


“This is my prayer for all of us—'Lord, increase our faith.' Increase our faith to bridge the chasms of uncertainty and doubt. . . . Grant us faith to look beyond the problems of the moment to the miracles of the future. . . . Give us faith to do what is right and let the consequence follow.”

There has been a lot for me to think about as several events have transpired in my life the last little bit. It seems like there are so many times when I think, "that will never happen in my family" or "no, never to us!" But you know, the Lord does have a plan and some times things do happen that may seem hard to swallow. I have always known that He is there, and I will never doubt that, but at times I guess I just believe it more than others. Now, I know that I need to increase my faith and I know that the Lord allows for me to do this through trials, but some times the trick really is to do what is right and let the consequence follow.

Truly, that is what this life is all about. It's about Dusty and I walking side by side learning to roll with the punches and trusting that the Lord will provide; even when it seems difficult. It is about my children. It is about us as an eternal family unit working together to ensure no seats are empty. I guess some times I have experiences that ground my faith and realization of the truly important things in life; I am grateful for those growing times. I am grateful for all of the small moments that I share with my little family and I am especially grateful for the impact that President Hinckley had on my life. The above quotes have brought me a lot of comfort in times of great need.

I guess I am not completely certain of the reason for this post...maybe just to say that I am thankful for my little life and the people that are in it...which is to say---thanks to all of you reading this!

3 comments:

Hale Family said...

I won't even try to relate to what you are going through - but I can completely relate to different trials and they stength they can bring to us. It is just SO much easier to say that after the fact never during it. You are in our prayers! We love you!

Cher said...

Hey Megan, Thanks for the comments, I hope you are doing okay! I am just fine. I'll have to call you sometime, I don't think I have your number, I didn't have a cell phone for a few weeks and now my numbers won't transfer over from my old phone so I am getting phone numbers from all of my contacts again. xoxoxo

Mandy Curtis said...

Megan - You are so cute! I am so glad you posted your "randomness" on your blog - it was something that I needed - Thanks for being such a great friend!!